Click here to apply.
Accounting Technician – Toronto
At Nutri-Lawn we believe and value being trusted partners with each of our customers. Our ongoing commitment to the innovation and delivery of ecology friendly products and services continues to make us the leaders in the Lawn Care industry. We provide professional advice, excellent lawn results, and outstanding customer service to thousands of customers across Canada. We have corporate stores and franchisees from coast to coast in Canada.
General Job Description:
We are looking for an Accounting Technician for our Corporate Offices located in Etobicoke to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks with a strong emphasis of Accounts Payable functions. As an entry-level position, the Accounting Technician’s responsibilities including keeping financial records updated and preparing reports. You will also run QuickBooks Online accounting software programs for several entities to process business transactions, like accounts payable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. As a successful Accounting Technician should be familiar with accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
- Exceptional at being up to date and organized
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Manage daily postings of accounts payable invoices, reconciliation of vendor statements
- Manage daily postings of credit card charges and reconciliation
- Manage Accounts payable workflow procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Well organized
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office and QuickBooks Online
- Excellent keyboarding skills, advanced use of keyboarding short-cuts
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Demonstrates the ability to manage their time effectively
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- High School degree, college designation preferred
- Effective problem-solving skills
Compensation and Term:
- Applicants should state their compensation expectations in their cover letters.